Seating auditions take place each concert cycle. Please find your audition excerpts and additional information on your orchestra’s page. A few important reminders about seating auditions:
1. Music for seating auditions will be available no later than 2 weeks prior to the audition date. Please do not request or expect it any earlier. If it is available earlier than 2 weeks before, you will be notified.
2. All auditions are blind (behind a curtain), except for concertmaster auditions for Conservatory and YAO.
3. Musicians may not be asked to play all of the excerpts in the audition, but are expected to prepare all of them.
4. You must ONLY prepare the bracketed excerpts.
5. If your instrument is not listed, you are not required to audition.
6. We would like to stress that family and other outside involvement in this process is disruptive to the Music Directors, Members, Coaches, and Staff. The Music Directors and Coaches work with the members on a regular basis and are able to determine the best possible results for the ensemble based on each individual’s growth and strengths on their respective instruments and music. This is a training organization, and as such, we ask that you trust our professional judgment.
7. For more information on the seating audition process, please see the handbook.
For any questions about the seating audition process, please contact Rachael Brown, DYAO Orchestra Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.