Dear DYAO Families,
The Denver Young Artists Orchestra is committed to the health and safety of everyone involved with DYAO. We are monitoring global, state-wide and local authorities related to the Coronavirus or COVID-19. This is the link to the most recent letter sent out by Denver Public Schools. https://www.dpsk12.org/letter-to-dps-families-about-coronavirus-covid-19-in-colorado/
We are taking precautionary measures by providing hand sanitizer at rehearsals and we are working with our venues to make sure that the custodial staff is routinely disinfecting commonly touched surfaces. We also highly encourage those who feel unwell, have come into contact with someone with COVID-19, have traveled internationally recently to affected areas, or who may be at increased risk to stay home.
Please email Rachael@dyao.org to let us know if you will not be at rehearsal.
Rehearsals in March are currently happening as scheduled. As circumstances change, we will continue to prioritize the health of our students by implementing and communicating appropriate changes and measures that ensure a safe environment. In the event of a cancellation, we'll notify all families by email and on social media at least three hours before the rehearsal.
We are also emphasizing to all of our staff, students, and families the important prevention steps that health officials also strongly urge us all to take:
- Stay home when you are sick, and keep your children at home when they are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the DYAO offices. We will update you as the situation evolves. Please also feel free to go to the Center for Disease Control’s website for more information at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe!