YAO Music & Listening Links
A few important reminders about seating auditions
- Music for seating auditions will be available no later than 2 weeks prior to the audition date. Please do not request or expect it any earlier. If it is available earlier than 2 weeks before, you will be notified.
- All auditions are blind (behind a curtain), except for concertmaster auditions for Conservatory and YAO
- Musicians may not be asked to play all of the excerpts in the audition, but are expected to prepare all of them.
**We would like to stress that family and other outside involvement in this process is disruptive to the Music Directors, Members, Coaches, and Staff. The Music Directors and Coaches work with the members on a regular basis and are able to determine the best possible results for the ensemble based on each individual’s growth and strengths on their respective instruments and music. This is a training organization, and as such, we ask that you trust our professional judgment.
- For more information on the seating audition process, please see the handbook on our website (link below)
String Ensemble Seating Music
- Audition dates: August 28 for SE South, August 30 for SE North
Violin *note: violinists are expected to prepare all of the excerpts, INCLUDING violin II excerpts. This is to best prepare you no matter which section you are assigned to!
Note: there is no seating audition for double bass or harp
String Ensemble Listening
Conservatory Seating Music
- Audition dates: August 28 for CO South, August 29 for CO North
Note: there is no seating audition for percussion or harp