Denver Young Artists Orchestra to hold Composition Competition
DYAO is proud to host the inaugural Composition Competition for the 2016-2017 season.
The competition will be open to composers under the age of 25 who currently reside in Colorado. The Young Artists Orchestra, the senior ensemble of the Denver Young Artists Orchestra Association, will perform the winning composition during the April 30, 2017 concert at Boettcher Concert Hall. Additionally, a runner-up composition may be selected to be performed by one of the other orchestras of the Denver Young Artists Orchestra. Click here to learn more about the program for the April 30, 2017 Concert.
- Composers must be under the age of 25 and currently reside in Colorado.
- To qualify, the original composition must be no longer than 10 minutes in duration.
- Instrumentation must be for an orchestra not to exceed: 3(2+piccolo)-3(2+English horn)-3(2+bass clarinet)-3(2+contra) / 4-3-3-1 / strings, percussion (timpani + 3; standard orchestral equipment only), one piano, one harp.
- The composition should not feature a soloist. Short solos from within the ensemble are acceptable.
- Submissions must be made electronically – including score and recording. Physical copies of scores will not be accepted. Scores and recordings should be sent to [email protected]
- Submissions are due by January 6, 2017.
- Winner(s) announced by February 1, 2017.
- Scores and Parts must be received by March 1, 2017.
DYAO will have the right to the World Premiere for this piece and will be mentioned as such in any future performance notes.
Questions? Contact Executive Director Kelly Waltrip at [email protected]